[IP] Re: Frustrating night

Guess this is just another YMMV thing. I know it is recommended
to recheck the bg after 15mins but when we've done this (whether
on MDI or the pump) our daughter's bg rarely changes by much and
then we end up overtreating. So now we wait a little bit longer,
sometimes up to half an hour before we recheck. We treat with
glucose tablets or regular soda because those are the two things
that reliably and consistently work for her (other things have
just been too unpredictable) and second (or more) treatments are
rarely needed.

Dawn wrote:
I decided to have a treat of about 30 CHO of a Hershey choco
bar.   It was >good. :)  I retested in 20 minutes or so; 67.   I
drank 30 CHO of OJ. >Retest in 15 minutes.  29!!!!  Yipes!  At
this point I started freaking
>out. >I drank ANOTHER 30 CHO OJ, tested in 15 minutes AGAIN, 30!!!!!
(some snipped) I ate 6 glucose tablets.
(some snipped) I drank >ANOTHER >30 CHO of juice, and then
decided to have some milk with it to see if it
>would prolong >the effect of the juice.  Checked in 15 minutes.  47.  (some snipped) I ate another 6 glucose tablets.  Checked >in 15 >minutes.   91.

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children)
"God teaches the birds to make nests, yet the nests of all birds
are not alike." Duwamish proverb