     Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 18:26:48 -0500
     From: Kress Family <email @ redacted>
     Subject: Re: [IP] Back to Cereal again...

     I, too, am having difficulty with the breakfast consisting of cereal,
     milk,
     toast or bagel, etc. with my 13 year old son who is on a pump.  We had
     same
     problem on MDI's.  I haven't found the answer yet.  I've tried
     increasing
     basal rate to cover until lunch time, increasing carb to bolus ratio,
     and a
     combo of both.  If anyone has had this problem and can shed some
     light,
     please let me know.

     Many thanks.
     Cindy, mother of Noah, diagnosed at age 9, pump wearer since July
     1999.