Re: [IP] Frustrating night!!!! Argh.......sorta long

In a message dated 5/21/00 3:17:31 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<  I retested in 20 minutes or so; 67.   I drank 30 CHO of OJ.

Retest in 15 minutes.  29!!!!  >>

I know some people on this list disagree with this, but for me (having
gastroparesis), I think the best thing to do if my bg has not responded to
treatment for a low within 20-30 minutes is to suspend the pump.  I will have
to correct for the high that occurs later, but I have to do that anyway if
I'm feeding the low with carbs that are not being absorbed now.  I wonder if
stress could have been giving you a sort of transient gastroparesis attack?

Linda Z