Re: [IP] Statement Reaction

It sounds as if these types of comments are coming from people who don't know
much about diabetes.  I agree that educating these people is a step in the
right direction.  I also think saying "Hey, your wrong about me and my
diabetes" and then explaining could be better.  A lot of people have
misconceptions about diabetes and learn incorrect info. for TV shows, only
hearing "bad" diabetes related stories, etc., or haven't expressed interest
in learning about a diabetic friend.  My sister and I are very open and
discuss our diabetes with family & friend who are very supportive.  We know
there are a lot of "us" (diabetics) out there and we may have to handle our
daily situations a little differently but we are as capable as anyone else.:)
 Don't let them get you down!