Re: [IP] Back to Cereal again... -- update

I did the night time basal check.  Bedtime bg (at 11:00 p.m.) was 124, 2:30
a.m. was 94, morning (7:00 a.m.) was 114.  So my 0.4u nightime basal looks
good to me.  I figure the snack at bedtime (my CDE requested we have) was
the culprit with nighttime highs.  If I do decide, in the future, to have
something at bedtime, I will do a small bolus for it.

This morning, had my usual breakfast:  1 1/4 c puffed wheat cereal (also eat
other cereals, cheerios being my next choice, but bgs do the same with
both), 3/4 c 2% milk, and 1/2 c orange juice.  No, I don't have time in the
morning to fool around with eating an orange.  I need fast food in the a.m.
unless I want to get up at the crack of dawn to get ready for work, etc.
Anyhow, bgs were as follows:  121 (after I took the time before breakfast to
change my set and cartridge), 180 one hour after breakfast (8:45 a.m.), got
a little nervous and took a 0.5 bolus then, 126 two hours after breakfast
(9:45 a.m.), 58 at 11:00 a.m.  Guess I shouldn't taken that extra 0.5, huh?
*grin*  I'm just beginning to think that I'll just have to live with that
quick rise after breakfast.  My CDE requires testing one hour after every
meal, and it works fine the rest of the day.  Just a little bit of problem
in the morning because of that hormone (cortisol?), I suppose.

Haven't tried any other breakfast foods yet, might eventually experiment,
but it's gotta be food that is quick and doesn't require a lot of

Assimilated with Max, 5/15/2000!