Re: [IP] New pumper questions about basal testing

On Sat, 20 May 2000 email @ redacted wrote:

> (we're doing night basals right now).  It seems as though this process could
> go on for quite some time.  Has anyone else followed this same routine and if
> so, how did it go and how long did it take to get things smoothed out?  Also,
> when my son is doing a fast to figure the basals is it okay to eat anything
> carbfree?  Thanks

Sometimes it's a snap, other times it takes several weeks to get good
repeatable data -- such is life, I don't try to fight it anymore.

Eating almost anything messes things up at least a little. Try for a meal
at about 3 in the afternoon on the day of the night time fast. Not too
much protein or fat.