Re: [IP] New pumper questions about basal testing

Hi.  I too went through the same frustration when I first
started my pump.  For
approximately two and a half months I dealt with the trying
to get my basal rates
set.  It seemed like there was constantly some setback.  It
just took time and
patience.  Once the basals are set and your son is more
comfortable with the pump
you will be glad you both persevered.
Also, I hated not being able to eat when we were trying to
get my basals set.  I
ate a handful of sunflower seeds or beef jerky b/c they were
virtually
carb-free.  I realize protein can affect carb absorption but
I didn't eat enough
to hurt.  Good luck.  It does pay off.