Re: [IP] C-Peptide test

In a message dated 5/19/00 10:37:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Kathy, the C-Peptide measures the naturally occurring insulin in your
>  body. It is also the test that medicare bases the diagnosis of Type I
>  diabetes. The value they are looking for is less than 0.5.
I had the test done to see if I would qualify for Medicare coverage. My
result was 0.3.  I am in the process of having the paper work done by my
endo.  I received all the necessary papers from MM regarding coverage for
someone already on a pump.