Re: [IP] Am I ODD?

At 08:41 PM 5/18/00 email @ redacted wrote:
 >Howdy Folks,
 >One quick question.  Am I the only one on the list that when I find the time
 >to type an e-mail to someone that I would appreciate a quick note.  Even a
 >"Thanks for the Info" would be nice.
 >Am I the only one out here that thinks this is just a courteous gesture?

In private mail that would be a very nice gesture. But for an email list
like this one, public thank you messages to people who respond to your
questions would take up much too much space. Many people pay by the minute
to download this information and other people's mailboxes can have very
limited space. In any case, the traffic here can be overwhelming enough the
way it is. So, it's not fair to our membership to add all these extra

We are all in the same boat and are here to help each other. The thank
you's are implicit and do not need to be explicitly written.