Ginny said insurance companies are Cold companies to deal with. I agree,
they have no soul or if they did they sold it to the devil. I never asked
an insurer for anything. I told them what they were going to do. If they
didn't do it I would report them to the insurance comittee of the medical
society. They were quite effective about dealing with insurance company
functionaries here in NJ. The big insurers like Blue Shield/ Blue Cross
tried to have physician directors on the medical society boards. Hoping to
control policy but that only backfired since there was no way to do that
without appearing disingenuous. Your doctor should support you by writing a
letter of medical necessity to the insurance company. If you are on MDI or
have type1 D they will not be able to side-step the pump issue.
A Bender, M. D.