[IP] Heard a new one today

> It is always amazing to me how they can reject a needed medical device
> without even seeing the patient and talking to them. Insurance companies
> are Cold companies to deal with.
> Ginny

When I got Bluda Sue 3/99 the ins. co. allowed a year's worth of supplies.
In 7/99 my hugsband's co. changed to Humana. You've heard how I HATE mail
order insulin and strip deliveries. Well, with much apprenhension I asked
Humana today how I order pump supplies. For almost 17 years I've ordered
from the company(s). They will pay 80% after I send in my receipts for a
THIRTY -DAY SUPPLY.  I said, "WHAT?" I was told, "What if your employer
changes insurance companies - why should we pay for something that will
outlast a month? I said the Rx's were covered (through mail) for 90 days.
She said that was a different plan than her department.

Anyone else have supply coverage for only 30 days at a time?
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (3/99)