RE: [IP] Pumping 3 1/2 days

> RoseLea <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Well, today is my 4th day on the pump.  Can anyone offer
> any idea of how
> long the adjustment period can be?  I know everyone is
> different, but I'd
> kind of like a guideline of what to expect.

Being a veteran of three months (tomorrow!), most of what I've heard
indicates that it takes about six months to really get everything tweaked.
Don't be impatient.
> It took me 2 days to get the Demon NPH out of my system.  So,
> those days
> don't count.

I know that's the conventional wisdom, but if my experience is any
indication (I know, YMMV), then I'm suspicious that the tail of long acting
insulin is *much* longer than a few days.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted