Re: [IP] Pumping 3 1/2 days

In a message dated 5/18/00 1:03:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Well, today is my 4th day on the pump.  Can anyone offer any idea of how
 long the adjustment period can be?  I know everyone is different, but I'd
 kind of like a guideline of what to expect. >>
Rose you can't do anything till you get your basal set. You should have
gotten a write up on skipping a meal to see how the basal insulin controls
your BG without eating any carbs. If your BG climbs you know to rase the
basil. I am getting there my self slowly. You know dawn went up 60 points
from 3am to 6am I need 1 unit to drop 60 so I changed 3-4 to1.3 and so forth.
Roger C with my new Hockey Puck