Re: [IP] Pumping 3 1/2 days

I'm on the 4th week and am still adjusting - coming down very slowly - the =
doctors say they started me off high (first week was between 200-300...nice=
 and even, but high!), as I was high most of the time and going to normal =
(80-120) would make me very sick...

This week (week 4), if I don't eat fatty foods, I have stayed below 200 =
even after I eat!!!!! Yea!  first time in YEARS!!! - lows get to about =
125....so still have a ways to go...doctors told me it would take a few =
months to get everything worked out and to be patient!  hard to be =
patient!  I want perfect bgs NOW!

It will even out - I have faxed my numbers to my doctor every two days and =
he has adjusted my basal and my bolus ratios...are you doing that?  I now =
adjust about every 4 days...

>>> "RoseLea" <email @ redacted> 05/18/00 01:03PM >>>
Well, today is my 4th day on the pump.  Can anyone offer any idea of how
long the adjustment period can be?  I know everyone is different, but I'd
kind of like a guideline of what to expect.

It took me 2 days to get the Demon NPH out of my system.  So, those days
don't count.  Now on the 3rd and 4th days, right now, it's just like =
shots, highs 200-300 right after meals, back down below 100 right before =
next meal.  I feel like I'm still riding the rollercoaster, cuz I am!  I =
thought that the humalog should react faster and bring the bg down more
quickly after a meal, but 2-3 hours later, I'm still up.  Night's, however
are great.  Teriffic tests at 3:00 a.m., always 80-120, with a slight rise
at breakfast (about 20 points).  Lows, however are much easier to correct,
just 15g of carb does it, so I have to relearn fixing lows!  :o)

Can anyone fill me in on what their first days were like?  And how long it
took to get it all working smoothly?  You can email me privately if you =
also.  Thanks.  :o)

email @ redacted=20