Re: [IP] Reality check request [rather long, sorry]

Kathy wrote:

>>I go to the doctor for something like a UTI, an infected cut, the flu,
About half the time (in 34 years of diabetes, with various doctors of
varying degrees of expertise), sometime during the visit the doctor or the
nurse will say, "Well, you know, diabetics ..." {often have frequent UTIs,
infections, etc.}<<

I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed many years ago and was given an
antibiotic "in case I got an infection, since I was diabetic".  I took one
of the pills, it made me sick so I didn't take any more.  And, I never got
an infection from the surgery anyways.