[IP] islet cell transplant

Hey all, my brother in law just called about an article in the Daily News. I
live in NJ. It claims that 8 adult diabetics who were diabetic since
juveniles had received islet cell transplantation 11 mos ago and all have
been successfully producing insulin on there own!  Is this true?  Is this
something to get soooooo excited over? I'll be going to get the article, so i
have the details, but hopefully someone on this list knows about this
wonderful thought, could you imagine if this is true?????????????????????

Very excited,
hopefully not wrongly so........