[IP] Stylized Text

Hi Folks,

Just a friendly reminder from the IP Admins...

Many members on the list are using HTML or stylized text when they post here. I
realize that it may look more interesting to post using different fonts,
colors and styles. However, the problem is that many of our readers simply
cannot read your posts when you do this. So, in order to make this list
readable to ALL users, please use ONLY plain text.

If you're not sure if you are sending plain text or not, check the

a. Can you make selected text bold, italic or underlined?
b. Can you change the background color to anything other than white?
c. Can you change the color of text of selected words in your message?
d. Can you change the font size on selected words in your message?

If the answer to any (or all) of these questions is "yes" then you are
using HTML or stylized text in your messages.

In virtually every email program there is a way to turn on plain text only.
Since each program uses different methods, it's hard tell you the specific
steps for all programs. I do have instructions for three programs. People
using other mailers may want to post their procedures. I'll try to gather
this information for future use.

1. Choose Tools / Options / Send.
2. Make sure the "Plain Text" setting is selected.
3. Press OK

1. Choose Tools / Options
2. Scroll down to select Styled Text.
3. Make sure that the button for "Send plain text only" is turned on.
4. Press OK

1. Choose File / Preferences / User Preferences
2. Press Mail and News
3. Set Internet Mail Format to Plain Text only
4. Press OK

Please let me know if you have any questions about this. Thanks for your
help and cooperation.