Re: [IP] Basal Testing Question

regarding the 0.1 bolus
we do use this when ever her bs is over 100 and less than 120. and it will
bring her bs down to 100 or slightly below or at the least keep it about the
same with in 2 hrs.
if we didn't use the 0.1 then her bs would definitely be higher in 2 hrs
she gets 0.1 for every 10 points of bs over 100 so if 180 she gets .8 etc.
and this keeps her bs more in the normal range in addition to boluses for her

on the other hand when making adjustments to her basal rate we do it in .1
increments as this makes a big difference over a period of time during the
day esp if we change all of them by .1 then she ends up with 2 units more per
her basal rate during the day from 5am to 12 am is 1.2 and .6 from 1am to 4am
and .8 to 5am she gets a total of 26 units in basal alone with an additional
20-28 units in boluses for elevated bs and carb counting at meals.

i think it varies to some degree for every person and what may not affect you
one day will on another day.

mom to
Maria 21 graduating college this year
Jonathan 15  adhd and bipolar
Veronica 14 my helping hand
Alisha 10  add dx 2-2-98 pumping since 1-6-00
and grandma to
Paige 2 1/2 my little sunshine