Re: [IP] re insurance

When our company notified us that one of our current carriers/plans would =
no longer be available, it sent letters of insurability to all of us using =
that carrier/plan. Since this was immediately after my DKA hospitalization =
and a huge chunk of change paid for 100% by insurance, I was very glad to =
have that letter in hand for the upcoming enrollment period.

In doing some investigation about insurance and retiring, I found the same =
information that others have reported -- if you're insured immediately =
prior (as in not a SINGLE DAY'S LAPSE) to changing to a new insurance =
company, the new company must waive the six month waiting period, =
regardless of prior conditions.