Re: [IP] Glycosylation, Vitamin E -Scientific, Long, Great- Wayne?

   Just as a footnote, JDF Phila sponsored an educational seminar in April
featuring 2 speakers: Dr Kevan Herold, a type I himself, who is doing
research on "rescuing" residual islet cells in newly diagnosed children (very
simplistic explanation on my part) and Dr. Helen Vlassara who has worked with
Dr Michael Brownlee, and did a superb presentation explaining the entire
"AGE" process explained in the e-mail you forwarded. I personally felt the
attendant life style changes were impractical for my teenaged daughter, BUT
nonetheless I found the observations & statistical comparisons fascinating.
File this info under the heading once again of "the more they know, the more
they realize just how much they still don't know"....which goes a long way in
explaining why both cancer and diabetes are still not cured......I liken it
to one of those Springbox jigsaw puzzles- doing the border was simply, but
beyond that stage, just WHERE does one begin, when there are so many options
to explore?

Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump-mom)