[IP] Testing basals

Sounds like you need to do some afternoon basal rate testing.  Have him eat
a late breakfast, then hold off on lunch.  See if his sugars drop at the
normal time 2-4 hours after usual lunch time, or if they're stable.  If they
drop, then it's a basal problem.  If they're stable, then he may be
experiencing the "tail" effect of Humalog, and need a little less at

Nancy Morgan

<<My son's blood sugars can be fine before lunch and fine 2 hours later but
seem to drop too low by 4 hours after the meal and about the time the
is out.  Is this a bolus or basal problem?  I was thinking it was basal but
if it is how long would I lower his basal to handle this?  >>