Re: [IP] Info on birth control pill/weight gain/diabetes

>But something I didn't know was that being on the bcp increases ones
>chance of getting a yeast infection.  Pre-pump, I was at the doctor's
>every month or two because of yeast infections.  He told me that being a
>diabetic on the pill is a double whammy, since the sometimes high blood
>sugars have something to do with frequency of yeast infections.  Being on
>the pill does not help any. (And I don't know about the rest of you ladies
>out there, but now that I'm on the pump, if I run out of insulin/forget to
>reconnect after a shower, which has been known to happen, for more than
>ONE HOUR, I automatically get a yeast infection within a few days.)

I have been on the bcp for over 10 years now, straight through, for
endometriosis.  I have had only a few yeast infections, due to being on

As I kid, pre blood sugar testing, I use to get yeast infections every
other week.  It was horrid and then I was always busted for my diabetes
being out of control and accused of "cheating".  So I guess this is a YMMV