Re:[IP] Basal Testing Question

Thanks for the thoughtful response, Andy!  I can appreciate
your skepticism, but here's what I did:
I began pumping on 2/3/00.  For the next two months, I spent
most nights checking BGs either at 12, 2, 4, and 6am or
1,3,5, and 7 am.  I usually ate nothing after 7 pm.  I made many
basal adjustments along the
way.  By the last week of that two month period I was
adjusting by .1 unit for a single hour of the night.  I saw
enough BG readings to prove to myself that a .1U adjustment
for a single hour of the night will cause a BG swing of
about 50 points.  My overnight BGs are very stable when I
don't eat/bolus/exercise later than about 8 pm.  This has
been by far the greatest benefit of pumping for me.
I'm still guessing that others with very low overnight
basal requirements experience this same kind of magnified
insulin sensitivity during the night, but that is just
a guess.
You say you don't think a single .1U dose is reproducible
(sorry to take that out of context), yet Disetronic and Animas
both say they can take that .1U and divide and deliver it
to your body .005U at a time every 3 minutes for an hour.
I also think they can.