Re: [IP] Elevated microalbumin (protein in urine) after 2 years?

Jessica just got the results back from her initial testing.  Everything on
the low side of normal after almost 8 years of diabetes.  I was waiting on
pins and needles for these results and am deliriously happy and relieved.
We will test again next year and every year after, but for now I can breathe
a sigh of relief.

As for the "debate" over 0.1 unit of insulin and how it affects (ro doesn't
affect) people, it certainly makes a difference to Jess.  It will drop her
an average of 20-25 points, and she does alternate some of her basals
0.1-0.2 every other hour to keep on an even keel.  She has horrible dawn
phenomenon though and runs 0.4 from 5-7 am, her highest basals of the day,
and they seem to be steadily increasing.  Do other children have this
happen?  Does the Dawn phen. get worse as they get older increasing basals
at a faster rate than any other time of the day?

Mom of Jessica, age 8, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 1.9 years & Jarred, 9