Re: [IP] Different meter reading test

Brian Carter wrote:

> I would like to STRONGLY suggest that people do not compare meters to
> meters because of the difference in every meter just think if one reads
> just a little higher that what it is really and the other reads just a
> little low then it would look like the one you just started using is WAY

In our case we were 200 points off at the high end, this is with the same
finger poke. How do I know which meter is right? This is more than a little

> I would suggest that next time you have a Lab run your A1c or do a lab
> fasting BG with there equipment (this is not the hand held BG meters that
> the hospital uses) ask them for a few drops and test your meters right

When we went to the drs. last they checked Eve's accu-chek against the blood
that was sent to the lab. She used capillary blood in the meter and venous
blood was sent to the lab and both were the same number (81), should there
have been a difference in the numbers? Capillary vs. venous?

Deborah mom to Eve 12.75
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99