Shouldn't the pre-existing condition rule apply to new employees - My
company switches insurance every two years and since its a switch they over
rule the pre-existing condition rule and I'm covered.

I would check on this - unless insurance are handled differently in Oregon -
I'm in New Jersey/New York area