Re: [IP] Elevated microalbumin (protein in urine) after 2 years?

Kevin just had his test and we did the whole 24 hr again because the Dr said
it was too early in the game for this to show up. (diabetes for 8 1/2 yrs).
Well, it came back positive and he put him on an ACE inhibitor called
Zestril. His number was a very low number...35.3. They say anything over 30
should be looked at.  Funny, Kevin has been in pretty good control the whole
time, maybe once having an A1c of 8 at the most. Guess it's luck of the draw
as our endo says.  We just started this med and will check in another 1 1/2
months. It gives him a terrible cough so we are going to ask for and Ace 2
blocker instead. (our peditrician said to ask about it)

It was a shock, but as another pumper stated, isn't it great that they can
catch it early instead of too late?  That's how I look at it.

Good luck, Linda