[IP] Elevated microalbumin (protein in urine) after 2 years?

We just received a note back from Jackie's endo that she had "slightly
elevated" levels of protein (24.7 whatever that means) in her urine at her
last exam.  We will be doing  a morning sample to be tested again but I want
to start learning everything I can so I can have an intelligent conversation
with her endo.  I did an archive search which made me feel less alone in
this new adventure but I would like to get some input on where to go to
learn more.  Jackie has only had D 2 years and has been in good control
(under 10 all along and getting better!)...

Any advice, privately or to the list would be appreciated!

Connie Fontaine
mom/coach for Jackie, 8 1/2yrs, dx 5/98, pumping since 7/29/99