[IP] meter accuracy

We received a new meter from our CDE and it's a Precision Xtra made by
Medisense (Abbott). We have been testing it against Eve's accu-chek
complete. We have found that the Precision is usually about 40 points lower
than the accu-chek. Three times the Precision was even lower, as much as 200
points lower on the very high end.

Do both meters use the same kind for blood (whole vs. plasma)?

Even if both meters used different kinds of blood there should only be about
a 12-15% difference, with the one with the plasma being higher or lower? I
checked the archives and found emails were it was stated as both higher and

When we went to the drs. last they checked Eve's accu-chek against the blood
that was sent to the lab. She used capillary blood in the meter and venous
blood was sent to the lab and both were the same number (81), should there
have been a difference in the numbers?

How do I know which meter is right, since there is a  huge difference in the

Deborah mom to Eve 12.75
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99