[IP] Insulin Pump Coverage

- ------=_NextPart_000_016D_01BFBE69.F8FF7D00

To everyone trying to get approved for an insulin pump:

Prior to getting approved for my insulin pump last week (May 10), I had =
been trying unsuccessfully for over a year to get one.  I had sent in =
all of the necessary paperwork including a letter from my endo stating =
that an insulin pump was a medical necessity for my treatment.  My =
insurance company, Ochsner Health Plan (OHP), denied my pump over and =
over stating that "under my particular plan, I was not covered for one". =
 I didn't buy it.  I filed a complaint with the Louisiana Department of =
Insurance (LDI) and an investigation was begun.  , I received a letter =
from OHP in response to the complaint filed by the LDI.  Their response =
to me and the LDI was that they always covered insulin pumps and that =
they would surely cover my insulin pump and supplies.  The problem was =
that they had to decide that it was of medical necessity.  Lies, lies, =
and more lies.  My doctor had sent that letter nearly a year before and =
when they denied covering my pump, they stated that I simply was not =
covered.

If you are out there and are waiting for approval for an insulin pump by =
your health plan, be aggressive.  Keep records of everything you are =
told.  If you feel you are being treated unfairly, contact your local =
American Diabetes Association advocacy department.  They should be in =
the phone book.  If you are having problems with OHP covering your pump, =
please contact me at home or by email and I will send you a copy of the =
letter they sent me stating that they do cover insulin pumps. =20

Brad Roy
email @ redacted

- ------=_NextPart_000_016D_01BFBE69.F8FF7D00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>To everyone trying to get approved for =
an insulin=20
pump:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Prior to getting approved for my =
insulin pump last=20
week (May 10), I had been trying unsuccessfully for over a year to get=20
one.&nbsp; I&nbsp;had sent in all of the necessary paperwork including a =
letter=20
from my endo stating that an insulin pump was a medical necessity for my =

treatment.&nbsp; My insurance company, Ochsner Health Plan (OHP), denied =
my pump=20
over and over stating that "under my particular plan, I was not covered =
for=20
one".&nbsp; I didn't buy it.&nbsp; I filed a complaint with the =
Louisiana=20
Department of Insurance (LDI) and an investigation was begun.&nbsp; , I =
received=20
a letter from OHP in response to the complaint filed by the LDI.&nbsp; =
Their=20
response to me and the LDI was that they always covered insulin pumps =
and that=20
they would surely cover my insulin pump and supplies.&nbsp; The problem =
was that=20
they had to decide that it was of medical necessity.&nbsp; Lies, lies, =
and more=20
lies.&nbsp; My doctor had sent that letter nearly a year before and when =
they=20
denied covering my pump, they stated that I simply was not =
covered.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If you are out there and are waiting =
for approval=20
for an insulin pump by your health plan, be aggressive.&nbsp; Keep =
records of=20
everything you are told.&nbsp; If you feel you are being treated =
unfairly,=20
contact your local American Diabetes Association advocacy =
department.&nbsp; They=20
should be in the phone book.&nbsp; If you are having problems with OHP =
covering=20
your pump, please contact me at home or by email and I will send you a =
copy of=20
the letter they sent me stating that they do cover insulin pumps.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brad Roy</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:email @ redacted">email @ redacted</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_016D_01BFBE69.F8FF7D00--