Re: [IP] Tomorrow's the DAY!

<<At 11:23 AM 5/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, folks, I get hooked up tomorrow morning. It's like a new life beginning.
>Turning cartwheels again!  Woohoo!>>

      Let me share your excitement! I have been pumping 12 days now!!! My
Bgs were in the 300-400s for about 4 years....after THREE days they were
around 250....with a basal change they are around 160-180!!! I have had two
kinda low episodes...not in the danger zone really...but for ME, they felt
VERY low! My current target is 150...after so many years with extreme Bgs,
they want this change to be gradual since even 150 feels a bit low to me!!
I LOVE my pump...just TRY to get it away from me!! LOL  I have had NO
problems, no discomfort and no confusion.....just increasing energy levels
and PRIDE in finally SEEING the result of all the tight control measures I
have practiced (without success before the pump). Those blankety-blank
doctors that stood before me in a condescending manner and wagged fingers
in my face to say that I was doing something WRONG are truly dinosaurs in
the field of diabetes!! I had to work MUCH harder before just to stay out
of the 500s...than now to shoot for 150!! I am also on a low carb diet per
my new doctor...which really has helped eliminate the radical swings and
rebounds. Good luck to all the new pumpers (and acrobats...cartwheels and
backflips..hee hee)...your excitement is very well justified!!  Carole Eve