[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #178

Hi Allison!:O)  I find that my son Riley (almost 5) goes very high in the heat.  He goes to preschool and they play outside everyday about 30
minutes before I pick him up.  This past week the temp has been around 90 (we live in Florida) and they still had those kids out riding
bikes!  Anyway, he was in the 400's without fail every afternoon this week when I picked him up.  I give him 2 H if he's in the 400's and 1 H
if he's in the 300's because it's like a false high, I find that he needs just a little bit to bring him down and too much will crash him by
dinner.  However, he is always down by dinner time-so it only lasts about 3-4 hours?  He's not on the pump untill June 7th-yeah!!!!!!  I'm
currently working on pushing that date back to the week of Mem. week in May so I don't know if my advice will be helpful or not?

Take Care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-7, Riley (almost 5-dx'd JD 7-1-99, pumping 6-7-00), Mason-2 1/2, Cailin Rose-14 mos