Re: [IP] 5 yr old pumper

On Sun, 14 May 2000 email @ redacted wrote:

> My 5 year old will be going on the MiniMed 508 in a few weeks.  I am really
> nervous about the infusion sets.  Is it painful to put it in?
Not normally.

  Take it Out?

> Does a SofSerter really make a difference?

Yes, but a SofSet or Micro is probably too long for a 5 year old.
Consider Rapids or using Silohette/Tender/Comfort sets -- more difficult
to insert, but more comfortable in the long run.

Get some samples and try them yourself, then you will know the answer and
your 5 yo will be very impressed as well.