Re: [IP] 5 yr old pumper

RAS
- ----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2000 2:30 PM
Subject: [IP] 5 yr old pumper

> My 5 year old will be going on the MiniMed 508 in a few weeks.  I am
really
> nervous about the infusion sets.  Is it painful to put it in?  Take it
Out?
> Does a SofSerter really make a difference?  Help, please.
> Lisa
> Mother of Miranda, dxd at 17 months and soon to be pumping!

Dear Lisa,
Hi! my name is geneva, and i am 11 years old. i was dx'd 4/18/96 and have
been pumping for 1 year. I think miranda will do just fine on the pump, but
she will have to get used to inserting the sites. it doesnt hurt that much.
it's mostly pressure! If you are going to be using the softsets, the
SofSerter makes it MUCH easier to put the site in. I used the
sofsets/sofserter before, but the sites usually last for about 2 days. Now i
am using the sils, but you have to put it in yourself. You and Miranda could
decide which one would be best for her. Good luck, and happy pumping!

Geneva, daughter of Ruth