[IP] high heat/highbg's

On Saturday when it was horridly hot here in the sandhils of NC  (90's) I
spent the morning sitting outside with my kids while they were in their
pool.  When I came inside I felt like I had been exercising(sweaty and
breathing heavier than normal)  Check my BG and it was 87.  So we ate
lunch and did not bolus for 12 gms of the lunch to cover my seemingly
low.  Then about 3 hours later when I was fully cooled off I was very
thirsty.  So I checked my BG again and it was 225.  I think my body
reacted to the heat just as if I HAD exercised.  I usually go high after
exercising.  So for me the answer to your question is, Yes: I do go low,
and Yes: I do go high from the heat.  What does anyone else think?

>>Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 01:54:08 -0500
>>From: "Allison Rogers" <email @ redacted>
>>Subject: [IP] high heat/high bg's

>>For those of you who have said that hot weather makes your bg's go
>>it have any lasting effect or do they go back to normal when you get
>>in out of the heat? I know, YMMV, I expect to get different answers.
>>Just wondering since we were outside in the New Orleans heat and
>>most of the day and I haven't been able to get JayJay under 250 for
>>all of that time. It's 2 am and he's still high. TIA

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!