Re: [IP] carb ratios/NicoleB.'s Mom....

   Sounds like you and your daughter are part of a disconcerting "trend" I've
been noticing - i.e. kids/adults being started on pump therapy with
insufficient training, follow-up, necessary inforamtion, etc. In the absence
of a reliable team, many newbie pumpers have found the collective experience
and knowledge of the IPers to be invaluable. I'd strongly suggest you e-mail
the parents of kids Nicole's age for a better understanding of how pump
therapy is SUPPOSED to work. Hearing that your endo took your daughter off of
the pump because her A1C went up amkes me question just how well he
understands the whole purpose of using an insulin pump???

Regards, Renee ( pump mom to Melissa - aged 17)