[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #174

Ginny Said:
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 22:14:06 -0400
From: Ginny Kloth <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] batteries for pump

I get my 357's to carry as back ups at Wal-Mart or Roses or grocery stores
I get them for about 1.50 to 1.68.
I order the ones from minimed but this time I got the 357;s not the new
ones I had in the past 2 orders..Oh well..If I am going to get 357's from
MM then I will buy them cheaper from somewhere else. The ones I have bought
last as long as the ones MM have sent to me.
It is sad to pay so much more for something that one can buy for so much
less and are avaiable at so many places. MM needs to decide what batteries
they are going to use.
The ones that were new looked like the 357 but in a different package.
Maybe they are the same only some company supplied them for a lesser price.
All I know is as long as I get the 357 then I will buy them locally at a
cheaper price. I think we pay just for the MM packaging for them anyway.
Ginny  "

My experience is that when I have to buy the 357 batteries (MM507), the
only place I can find them is Radio Shack.  Yes, I have tried Walmart,
groceries, pharmacies, camera shops, etc.  I am stuck doing business with
the shack and I don't like Radio Shack, because the batteries cost the same
as MiniMeds and last about 2 weeks max.  MiniMeds last about 5-6 weeks.
 But they won't let you order just a card of batteries.  I was down to my
last set and went out of town and wanted back up batteries.
SO, point of message is, that I would be very interested in seeing how long
those $1 batteries last.   And I will check out the energizer.com, cause
that is what MM uses.    But please get back to us when your $1 give out.
  Sounds "too good to be true"!  I hope it isn't.