RE: [IP] Carb Counting

<email @ redacted> wrote:

> There is a wonderful website I use for my carb counting when I come across

> something without a label. It's quick as easy to use and they recently
> updated it so you can choose your amounts! How convenient! I highly
> it as a bookmark for future reference.

If you're in to doing a little calculation yourself, there is the granddaddy
of the nutrition lists: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl.
This is the complete USDA nutrition listing.  Many of the foods listed are
brand names, although I don't recall that restaurant portions are listed.
They also offer the data bases for download if you like to play with these
yourself, but you'll need a pretty hefty data base manager (such as MS
Access) to make good use of it.  Not too long ago, there was an announcement
that they (the USDA) was writing some software (freeware) for use with these
data, but I haven't seen it yet.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted