[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #171

I do agree with your great support to keep fighting your diabetes
and don't give up. I have been a diabetic for 36 years I got it 1
month before JFK was assassinated that's how I always remember
it . I was only 3 1/2 years old but ever since I have been fighting it.
There have been a few times I thought my life was coming to an
end, but by the grace of God he as aloud me to live with this
disease for 36 years. It has not been easy and I am thankful that I
have had a supportive family, however they don't totally understand
the disease like I do but they have been there when I have needed
them. It really encourages me to see others giving supportive
advise. I also feel it is extremely important to find the right Dr. for
your disease, because I had one that was already righting me off
as dying or developing severe complications, which could lead to
my death. That's when I said who died and left you God.? So that's
when I started really fighting for my own well being and found one of
the best Diabetic Doctors in the country in my opinion. My life
totally changed around after seeing him and learned more about
my disease in 1 office visit  than I did in all the previous years of
being diabetic. He has been very supportive and encouraging which
anyone would like even without a disease. When my mom was told
that I was diabetic they told her at that time my life expectancy
was only about 20 years. I have almost doubled that. I have had
many insulin or hypo events there for I have no I problems with my
eyes and have stabilized my kidney function. The only thing that
bothers me is that it's very hard finding a date. It seems that
maybe because I have this disease and am not the most out going
person in the world people seem to ignore you or some thing like
that. Also it may  be because of my faith in God it seems that is
no longer a good thing. However I truly believe because of his Love
for me I have lived this long with out any major complications.
Some may say it's just luck or fortunate circumstances, but I say
the God who could create our world and the universe can surely
take care of us and even if I have problems down the road that
doesn't mean he no longer cares for me, but that he has something
much better waiting for us when we do die. I don't mean to ramble
on but when I think about all that I have gone through over the past
36 years I can't help but think God  is greater than all the problems
we have or ever will have or even our fear and the pain we are going
through.  He has given us the ability to cope with our disease and
problems. I hope I have not turned anyone off by my belief, but I
would be willing to wager all that I have that God is in control of all
things. I know I can't prove it in this life time but even if I am wrong
what harm can it do? Thanks again to all of you who are sending
messages about your situations in dealing with this not so fun
disease, but as Tracey put it so well we need to keep fighting it
and give it our best shot no pun intended. keep the FAITH!!!!!