[IP] Phone numbers

> I know that when we look into approving those member profiles some have
> their phone included in the profile and some have their address
> included.  we do try and delete this info from the profile before it goes
> to the list, we also do not copy or keep the info we get..  we try and
> discourage this info from being posted to the group to  try and  keep
> privacy to the group..
> also PLEASE if you know another persons info don't  post it to the IP list
> without that persons permission.  If you are not sure send a message to
> of the Adm staff or send your request to the Help address.
> Brian Carter
> One of the Adm.

I know I was quite taken aback seeing THREE numbers posted to the list for 3
Tracey Scotts. Two of them are not involved at all and possibly the third is
not even the one from this list. I would think they would be quite perturbed
getting possibly 100s of calls completely unrelated to them. We don't know
if they are invalids or what is going on in their lives - just as we feel
when we sit down to dinner and get numerous telemarketers. Also, we never
know who is lurking *out there.* I know Michael has discourage us from
posting our own phone numbers to the list - we should really be careful
about posting someone else's.
My $.02
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)