[IP] Fw: Tracey Scott -- Please Read Long MEssage

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BFBB8A.BC9F4A20

- ----- Original Message -----=20
From: Tracey=20
To: Insulin Pumpers=20
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2000 8:50 PM
Subject: Tracey Scott -- Please Read Long MEssage

i feel i need to explain my situation to all of you alittle =
better......i've been recieving tonnes of caring emails and phone calls.

First of all when i wrote the message, i had had a major malfunction =
with my pump, and it had quit working from Disetronic....and i had =
called the 1-800 numbers ffrom disetronic for emergency assistance, i =
called the hospital to see if they had a pump , i called =
everyone......NO ONE HAD ANSWERS

NO REPLYS, NO ANSWERS, i was really upset, scared, frustrated and =
lost........i figured if the 1-800 numbers i'm supposed to call can't =
help, and my blood sugar is at 28....what am i to do......it's over, =
i'll be back at square one and i had had enough, i can't even get a good =
pump, that's it, DIABETES has failed me again and cost me for the last =
time........so i decided to reach out on the net........

Everyone had so many different medical opions to offer, but no one was =
here in my own house in my own room with me to help me do a damn =
thing.....i was blind in vision, feeling weak , confused, and yes, very =
desperate........i wasn't even able to go down stairs and get a =
needle.......so i reached out to you......my new friends......and was =
ready to except there is no care, no help....

I was in awe when my phone started ringing, you people (yes you micheal) =
and i don't know how you do it..... found out where i lived, contacted =
the local police, and yes, they came to get me to give me treatment, by =
this time my father had administered insulin and got me out of bed (i =
was very weak), i recieved phone calls from Micheal (the best admin =
person alive), Jan, Altman., Phil.............and so many others from =
all across the world.....Thank you......

At my weakest moment,with no return phone calls from the EMERGENCY =
ASISSTANCE TEAMS I WAS SUPPOSED TO CONTACT.... i unplugged the failing =
unit, crawled to bed and went to sleep, without you i may not have woke =
up ever.....THANK YOU......

However, this didnt' solve my insulin pump problem.....i still had no =
pump, no phone calls from disetronic were answered, no one would =
help........

Thanks to Micheal from Admin, he and my father were able to contact =
people in the USA, to contact big head office people in Canada, who =
today, (after 42 hours of calling, and researching) i had the president =
of the Canadian Company that operates for Disetronic come to my house =
and hand deliver two pumps.......

THe best part of this is since everyone from Interpol, and the ontario =
provincial police has heard about my problem it has been introduced to =
the Canadian Health Examiners Office and they are in the proceeds to do =
research for EMT's to be trained on how the pump works, for Police =
officers to be educated, and for Hospitals to carry a pump for people =
who have one and it quites.......

I hope this is a stepping stone for everyone every where, and that =
disetronic will try to improve their  customer response. I know this has =
taught me that there are many people who care about me......and you and =
will be tehre no matter what.........NEVER GIVE UP........

Thank you......especially Micheal, and all you who found my =
number.......and called......

Tracey Scott

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BFBB8A.BC9F4A20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#fffff0>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----=20
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
href=3D"mailto:email @ redacted" title=email @ redacted>Tracey</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A href=3D"mailto:email @ redacted"=20
title=email @ redacted>Insulin Pumpers</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, May 11, 2000 8:50 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Tracey Scott -- Please Read Long =
MEssage</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>i feel i need to explain my situation to all of you =
alittle=20
better......i've been recieving tonnes of caring emails and phone=20
calls.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>First of all when i wrote the message, i had had a =
major=20
malfunction with my pump, and it had quit working from Disetronic....and =
i had=20
called the 1-800 numbers ffrom disetronic for emergency assistance, i =
called the=20
hospital to see if they had a pump , i called everyone......NO ONE HAD=20
ANSWERS</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>NO REPLYS, NO ANSWERS, i was really upset, scared, =
frustrated=20
and lost........i figured if the 1-800 numbers i'm supposed to call =
can't help,=20
and my blood sugar is at 28....what am i to do......it's over, i'll be =
back at=20
square one and i had had enough, i can't even get a good pump, that's =
it,=20
DIABETES has failed me again and cost me for the last time........so i =
decided=20
to reach out on the net........</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Everyone had so many different medical opions to =
offer, but no=20
one was here in&nbsp;my own house in my own room with me to help me do a =
damn=20
thing.....i was blind in vision, feeling weak , confused, and yes, very=20
desperate........i wasn't even able to go down stairs and get a =
needle.......so=20
i reached out to you......my new friends......and was ready to except =
there is=20
no care, no help....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I was in awe when my phone started ringing, you =
people (yes=20
you micheal) and i don't know how you do it..... found out where i =
lived,=20
contacted the local police, and yes, they came to get me to give me =
treatment,=20
by this time my father had administered insulin and got me out of bed (i =
was=20
very weak), i recieved phone calls from Micheal (the best admin person =
alive),=20
Jan, Altman., Phil.............and so many others from all across the=20
world.....Thank you......</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>At my weakest moment,with no return phone calls from =
the=20
EMERGENCY ASISSTANCE TEAMS I WAS SUPPOSED TO CONTACT.... i unplugged the =
failing=20
unit, crawled to bed and went to sleep, without you i may not have woke =
up=20
ever.....THANK YOU......</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>However, this didnt' solve my insulin pump =
problem.....i still=20
had no pump, no phone calls from disetronic were answered, no one would=20
help........</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks to Micheal from Admin, he and my father were =
able to=20
contact people in the USA, to contact big head office people in Canada, =
who=20
today, (after 42 hours of calling, and researching) i had the president =
of the=20
Canadian Company that operates for Disetronic come to my house and hand =
deliver=20
two pumps.......</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>THe best part of this is since everyone from =
Interpol, and the=20
ontario provincial police has heard about my problem it has been =
introduced to=20
the Canadian Health Examiners Office and they are in the proceeds to do =
research=20
for EMT's to be trained on how the pump works, for Police officers to be =

educated, and for Hospitals to carry a pump for people who have one and =
it=20
quites.......</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I hope this is a stepping stone for everyone every =
where, and=20
that disetronic will try to improve their&nbsp; customer response. I =
know this=20
has taught me that there are many people who care about me......and you =
and will=20
be tehre no matter what.........NEVER GIVE UP........</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thank you......especially Micheal, and all you who =
found my=20
number.......and called......</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Tracey Scott</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BFBB8A.BC9F4A20--