[IP] Basal Rate of 0.0?

Brian (age 4) has been pumping for 4 about weeks now.  Things are going
pretty well overall, but I do see a pattern in the AM that is
problematic.  2 hours after breakfast he is usually right in range
(100-200), but if doesn't eat a snack then, he will drop like a stone
within an hour!  His basal rate from 8 AM - 9 PM is 0.1- I'm wondering
if we either need to try diluting his insulin, or going to a basal rate
of 0.0 for an hour or two (sounds potentially dangerous to me!).  His
breakfast bolus is 1:10 - I've tried increasing that, but then he is
high after 2 hours and still drops during the third hour.  Any advice?
Laurie, mom to Brian, age 4, dxd 12-98 & Keith, age 7