[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[IP] Need Advice...Sorry so long
- Subject: [IP] Need Advice...Sorry so long
- From: Sherry Webb Nolan <email @ redacted>
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:04:08 -0400
Hello everyone...I really need your advice/help/observation. The following
items have been plaguing me for the last few weeks and I need someone to
either tell me I am thinking the right things or point me in a new
direction. I apologize for being so long.
1. For the past 2-3 weeks I have been having a REALLY hard time getting my
a** out of bed before 8am. I literally can't wake up. I sleep through
alarms, I sleep through my husband getting up in the morning, I just sleep
like log. (I used to be a light sleeper). Luckily I work for a company
that allows me either to work from home or start my day at 9:30am that it
doesn't affect my job.
2. When I do wake up 8/10 times my bg is between 250-350, mostly hovering
at 300. The other two times it is more around 120-150. The past few nights
I have woken up around 3-4 with those bgs, treated and woke up with normal
numbers. However both nights I was up a little later and noticed lows
before bed. (44-65)
3. I have tried to test my nighttime basals and one of three things
happens. (1) the test comes out fine, everything stays stable (checking
every 2-3 hours, low protein, low fat dinner 5 hours before bedtime), (2) I
test before going to bed and sleep through all the alarms to wake up and
check, or (3) I don't have a good bg before going to bed and ax the test.
4. In addition I have stopped losing weight on my diet. I have been pretty
close to it and it doesn't seem to be working. I think I may actually be
putting weight on.
5. The skin on my fingers is incredibly dry and flaky. Usually this isn't
* My observation is that it must by my thyroid acting up again. However
this scares me. In the past 5 years I have had my synthroid dose upped and
am now taking 175mg (Lavender Colored). That is up from the 100mg and 125mg
(yellow/blue), just last year. Is this normal to suddenly need a lot more
synthroid then I used to? I have been taking doses for about 12 years now.
(Age 11). The other idea is that I am bouncing during the night and that
the highs are rebounds. However wouldn't basal testing have affected it?
Both nights I didn't snack at bedtime and dinner was at 7pm.
Let me know if you think it could be something else. I have a doctors
appointment on the 24th and will be on vacation from the 13-20th.
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml