Re: [IP] eating and testing (Amy)

In a message dated 5/11/00 7:13:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Signing a document that says
 you had special accommodations is something to be wary of since it might
 diminish your test scores.  >>
    FYI...we've been discussing this same scenario for Melissa since she did
great the first time she took her SATs, went low the 2nd time & dropped her
score 50 pts & then just went high with a
no delivery alarm during last week's SAT IIs. I was discussing with 2 moms of
teens whether or not to request "untimed tests" the next time Melissa takes
her tests & both women said that if you do that, your scores ONLY reflect
that you had "special dispensation" but do not differentiate between someone
with learning disabilities & someone with diabetes for example. Just moe
"food for thought". We decided NOT to pursue this by the way. She did carry a
note with her from her doctor though, stating that she would have to test/eat
if necessary.

Regards, Renee (pump-mom)