[IP] eating and testing (Amy)

Hi Amy; Just listening in to the conversation...my husband subscribes as a
diabetic. I am a Special Education Professor and read your comments about
the tests and accommodating your need to eat while testing. This is
entirely reasonable; most people with common sense would just let you munch
away in a typical class with your peers instead of removing you to another
location. This is what I would request. At the same time I can hear
administrators saying, "but we can't let everyone else eat too!" That is
why we have 504 so you can get what you need. Signing a document that says
you had special accommodations is something to be wary of since it might
diminish your test scores. Just double-check to see what you signed. In
college, of course, this situation will be less of a problem because people
are always eating! Good luck! Janet Duncan P.S. Check out the NICHCY
website for info on your rights