[IP] Less than 1200 Cal a day

> From: amy m <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] metabolism
> For weight loss, I konw the rule is 1200 cals a day
> and no less, and exercise.
>  And if you don't eat 1200 you screw up your
> metabolism--what's about a few days of 500 calories
> and then working up to "norm", are you still really
> screwing yourself up? Won't it fix itself down the
> road anyway?
>  Amy

You are aware of the situation today with Tracey. I had a friend who DID do
away with herself because she could not take one more day of shots. She was
seeing my endo and she put herself on a 500 cal. a day diet. She was not
seeing weight loss. I was disturbed when I found out and asked my endo if he
knew of her diet. He was shocked and said your hypothalymus(?) cannot
function correctly on that amount and you can't think straight. He said that
explained a lot of her situation.

Therefore, Amy, please do not consider such a low amount of food. Your whole
body works correctly on a balanced diet. 'Nuff said!
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)