Re: [IP] Trying to get pregnant

Michele,

I have had diabetes for 26 years.  I got pregnant 7 years after I developed
diabetes and my daughter is now 18!  I have always been on 2 shots a day and
very brittle.  I went thru my pregnancy as well as a non-diabetic.  Before I
got pregnant my doctor had advised me not to ever try to have a baby.  He said
I would lose it before I could carry full-term.  Little did he know!  I had
natural child birth - she weighed 7lbs 14 oz and was 3 weeks early.  I come
from a fairly small town and a lot of the hospital staff knew me.  I was
actually in the hospital for a week before I had her.  So naturally everyone
wanted to be present when I delivered!  They were all skeptical about me not
having a C-section.  I told my doctors not to cut me unless they absolutely had
to.  My delivery room was so full that I couldn't see in the mirror to watch
the birth!  The only negative thing I can say is that my water had to be broken
and that made for a more painful delivery.  I was in labor for 15 hours and had
her on Valentines Day 18 years ago.  She is healthy and very beautiful.  I will
always think of her as my miracle baby!  Hope this gives you some
encouragement!

Gail