[IP] Re: Wanting to get pregnant

In a message dated 5/10/00 4:58:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My husband and I want to have a baby, I have had diabetes for 15 years now,
 on the pump for about 9 months.  I have retinopathy in my right eye, but >>

I say if you really want a baby then you should go for it.  I have had
diabetes for 20 years now.  I was diagnosed when I was 6 years old.  I have 2
beautiful children already and am currently pregnant with my third (23
weeks).  I just started pumping in March of this year.  My endo recommended
it due to the 3rd pregnancy.  I just had a baby last June !  Talk about a BIG
surprise !

Anyway,  I can tell you anything you would want to know about diabetic
pregnancy.  I have my fair share of stories.  But just do what you are told
and stick to your regimen and everything should be great.

Please feel free to email me privately if you would like.

Dee Dee