Re: [IP] Trying to get pregnant

I can tell you that I wish I was on the pump and had better control when I h=
ad my daughter.  I talked to people w/diabeties that had kids and they send=20=
not to sweat it, I wish I had someone to tell me that it doesn't always go t=
hat great.  I was taken off of altace when I found out my daughter was comin=
g, I didn't stay off my feet as much as they told me to, and I did not have=20=
it easy.
I was finally put into the hospital on total bed rest, the blood pressure wa=
s just going up no matter how much rest I did, my kidneys took a beating hav=
ing her because I produced too much protein spill. I am also a little overwe=
ight.  My daughter was born 3 lbs. 3 oz. and stayed in the hospital for 5 we=
eks.  She now is going to be 2yrs. old on May 15th and she caught up with ot=
her kids her age when she reached 14 months.
It was scary for me and I wish I listened to the doctor more.  You can do it=
, just do what the doctor tells you no matter what.  The rewards are beautif=
ul.
Laura Goldman
Chicago, IL