[IP] What I did before pumping

Richard Knitter wrote:
> An insulin pump will be shipped out in three days.  I am curious to
> hear if there was something that you wished that you did before
> you switched over to the insulin pump (so that I can learn from that
> and do it now!).

I know it's too late now, but it took me a year to decide if I wanted to
wear a needle 23-24/7, but during that time I quit doing injections in my
stomach to preserve sites for that area. I'm glad I did. I used to use my
legs with the straight needle (bent them myself). I still remember the
fire-like pain and could hardly take a step at times. I haven't used my legs
in years but continue with my abdomen and a little above waistline now.
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)